Published On: Fri, Jan 23rd, 2015

Official WhatsApp Suspends The Plus Users For 24 Hours

WhatsApp, the messaging service, owned by Facebook said that it had imposed 24-hour lock out on people who were trying to access the service through the unauthorized app.

Whatsapp has taken the step because of the concerns that the unauthorized program may cause leaking of private data to third-parties. WhatsApp plus offers different ways to customize the form of conversations.

According to experts, the Android users should execute caution while they get the apps downloaded. They need to get the apps from the official and reliable sites.

Official WhatsApp Suspends The Plus Users For 24 Hours

The recent reports by WhatsApp revealed that it had more than 700 million users worldwide and an average of 30 billion messages are sent through them each day. Currently, they are charging $0.99 as annual fees from its users who sign up to use the service after 12 months of using the app for free.

“Our goal is always to keep WhatsApp fast and secure for the people who use it – it’s the most important thing we do,” said a spokesman for the firm.

Unauthorized functionality built by third parties on top of WhatsApp is creating issues for people including lost messages.

“This goes against the experience we work hard to give people and we won’t let it continue. Starting today, we are taking aggressive action against unauthorized apps and alerting the people who use them.” said the spokesperson on Wednesday.

WhatsApp is giving the option of access using the service from Google Chrome and the new effort coincide with the introduction of the new feature. The new feature will not work for Apple’s iPhones and iPads.

Whatsapp plus was released in 2012 by a Spanish developer called Rafalense and since then, it has been downloaded more than 35 million times.

According to Security consultant Graham Cluley, the figure is surprisingly high, but said that there is no independent method available to verify the figures.

The moderator of an app development community which supported the WhatsApp plus said that, the work on the software will be put on hold.

“We have received a cease and desist letter from WhatsApp and we are obligated to remove all download links and unfortunately delete this community” he said.

“I am really sorry for this, but it’s out of our hands and WhatsApp has pushed us into a corner that we can’t escape this time. It was a fun ride, but it has come to an end.”

WhatsApp Plus was not available from Google Play, but was endorsed by several smaller alternatives.

About the Author

- Author is a editor of Dailynewsz -a news portals that covers world news and breaking headlines from US,UK,Europe,Middle East and Asia.He is also co founder of Searchprofiler