The Top Ten Most Visited Places in India
India offers rich cultural and geographical diversity which attracts the international tourists to this country for a wonderful vacation. Here are the top ten most visited tourist destinations in India.
1. Agra- Taj Mahal, which is considered as the eternal symbol of true love is located in Agra which makes this city the most visited places in India. This Mausoleum in white marble is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The other places to visit in Agra includes Fatehpur Sikri, Akbar’s tomb, Agra Fort, Ram Bagh and Sikandra Fort.
2. Kashmir- Kashmir’s scenic beauty makes it eligible for the name “paradise on Earth”. Kashmir with its snow clad peaks, cascading waterfalls, lush green valleys and flower gardens are a popular tourist destination.Gulmarg, Srinagar, Sonmarg, Nagin Lake, Pari Mahal, Shankracharya shrine and Dal lake are the major attractions.
3. Kerala- Kerala is known as “Gods Own country” with the backwaters, greenery, hill stations, etc. A cruise in houseboats will give the tourists a chance to experience the beauty and hospitality of this country. Kovalam beach, Munnar, Thekkady, Wayanad are the places of interest.
4. Darjeeling- This is a hill station, which lies at an altitude of 2134 meters above sea level. Darjeeling is well known for the tea plantations. There are many hill resorts that offer a comfortable stay.
5. Rajasthan- Rajasthan offers the cultural and artistic tradition of India at its best. Jaipur and Udaipur are the most visited destinations in Rajasthan. The “Hawa Mahal” and Lake Palace are the must see places.
6. Kanyakumari- Kanyakumari is the southernmost tip of India. It is the meeting place of three water bodies, namely Arabian sea, Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal. Lakhs of tourist visit this place every year to enjoy the beautiful sunset.
7. Goa – Goa is famous for its exotic beaches with coconut palms and golden sands. You can enjoy parasailing, water-skiing, windsurfing, etc. on the beaches of Goa. The tasty seafood and the local drink called Fenny are other factors which attract people to this place.
8. Delhi- Delhi is the capital of India and it has many stunning architectural monuments. India gate, Jama Masjid, lotus temple, Rashtrapati Bhavan -the official residence of the President of India and Qutub Minar- a UNESCO World Heritage Site are the renowned destinations in New Delhi.
9. Mysore- Mysore is famous for the Mysore palace and is the second most visited attractions in India. It is best to visit Mysore during the annual Dussera festival.
10. Ajantha and Ellora caves- The rock cut cave monuments are architectural wonders. The paintings and sculptures are examples of the Buddhist art.