Top 10 Actresses Of Bollywood In 2014
The year 2014 saw some of the best performances by the Bollywood actresses. The best 10 strong female performances are listed here.
- Madhuri Dixit- Madhuri made her comeback in Bollywood few years back, but her performance in Dedh Ishqiya was commendable. Madhuri Dixit was elegant and beautiful as usual and her portrayal of the role of Begum was remarkable and memorable.
- Rani Mukherjee- In the film Mardaani, Rani gave a bold performance as Shivani. Her body language and her mannerisms were well suited for the character she played.
- Geetanjali Thapa- She has already won two international awards for her wonderful performance in ID. She won this year’s national award for her role in Liar’s Dice. She portrayed the role of a mother on a journey with her daughter.
- Juhi Chawla- Juhi performed better than Madhuri Dixit in Gulab Gang. Her character as an evil politician was a challenging role for this bubbly actress. She has given a stunning performance in a negative role.
- Parineeti Chopra- Though she had three releases this year, her role as Meeta Solanki in “Hasee Toh Phasee” was flawless.“Daawat-E-Ishq” and “Kill Dill” are her other two releases this year.
- Anushka Sharma- Anushka has set her level high by acting in Raju Hirani directed PK. She gave a stunning performance as Jagat Janani opposite to the perfectionist actor Aamir khan who played the role of PK.
- Alia Bhatt- She is a strong contender in the best actress list with three sold movies in 2014. “Highway,” “2 States” and “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania,” brought out her potential as a quality actress in Bollywood. She was careful in the selection of movies and she executed each role convincingly. She will be able to deliver much better performances in the future.
- Deepika Padukone- Though she had movie like Happy New Year, her acting brilliance was showcased in “Finding Fanny” in which she had to compete with legendary actors like Naseeruddin Shah, Karan Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia.
- Priyanka Chopra- Priyanka was fully immersed in the real life character of Mary Kom, the boxing legend. She has physically and emotionally portrayed the life of Mary Kom on the silver screen. The success of “Mary Kom” once again proved that there is no need for a hero to make a successful Bollywood film.
- Kangana Ranaut- We saw the immense amount of talent in this actress in the film “Queen”. This movie has taken Kangana to the top of the best actress list. Her other releases were “Revolver Rani” and “Ungli.”