Top 10 Most Educated Politicians Of The World
Some of the renowned leaders of the world have high educational qualifications and this has helped them to legislate for the people in their country. A higher educational qualification also helps them on taking decisions about various matters of national as well as of international concern. Here are the 10 most educated politicians of the world.
- David Cameron is the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party. He gained a first-class honors degree in 1988 from Brasenose College, Oxford, where he studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics. He was Director of Corporate Affairs at Carlton Communications for seven years.
- Vladimir Putin is the President of Russia. He has also served as the Prime Minister of Russia two times. He graduated from the International Law branch of the Law Department of the Leningrad State University in 1975.
- Barack Obama, the American President, is one of the most educated politicians.Obama studied at Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialty in international relations.He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1983 and he joined Harvard Law School in 1988.At the end of first year, he was selected as the editor of “Harvard Law Review”.Obama, known for his aptitude was made research assistant to the constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe while he was at Harvard.
- Hailemariam Desalegn Boshe is the Prime Minister of Ethiopia.He received a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Addis Ababa University in 1988 and then worked as a graduate assistant in the Arba Minch Water Technology Institute.He earned a master’s degree in sanitation engineering from Tampere University of Technology in Finland.He also earned an MA in Organizational Leadership from Azusa Pacific University, California, US.
- Tony Abbott is the 28th Prime Minister of Australia.Abbott studied law and economics and received Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney. He completed a Masters in Politics and Economics as a Rhodes Scholar at the Queen’s College, Oxford.
- Heinz Fischer is the current President of Austria.He studied law at the University of Vienna, earning a doctorate in 1961.He became a professor of Political Science at the University of Innsbruck in 1993.
- Lee Hsien Loong is the Prime minister of Singapore.He graduated with first class honors in Mathematics and a Diploma in Computer Science (with distinction). In 1980, he completed a Master of Public Administration at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Helle Thorning-Schmidt is the Prime Minister of Denmark.Helle studied political science at the University of Copenhagen. She also holds a Master’s degree in European studies, specializing in policy and public administration from the College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium.
- Ma Ying-Jeou is the President of Taiwan. He earned LL.M. from New York University Law School in 1976 and then an S.J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1981.
- Hassan Rouhani is the President of Iran. He obtained B.A. Degree in Judicial Law in 1972 from university of Tehran. He graduated with M. Phil degree in law from Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland.